IMPORTANT NOTE:This is a remix after the original PACMAN - wrote by: J. Rowan, remastered by O.Arzalier
The idea of a remix came from Shmen in 2000.
Guide to the secret map of level 2
Secret Level 2
Volume 2: Level 3
Version 2.1 : Volume 2 - CubicWorld and Volume 1 - 2D World Prison
- Story got refined ... ! With each level you solve a part of Pacman & Pacwoman history ...
- After you completing first volume (2D World Prison, which has 9 levels) you'll get
inside of the semi-3d volume 2 - CubicWorld... and by completing it you'll release
Pacwoman and together you'll have to escape from Pacmad's cells in volume 3.
- Volume 3 - (surprise name) will be released in version 3.01 of pacman2.
- The new version has more themes and new you can edit also world 2 maps.
- Game is using even less CPU resources then last version (average max 10%)!
- New sounds, more new maps, new look - cubicworld, storyboard before&after each level,
surpise scenes(like the one after finnishing level 8 -volume 1) ...
- One note: KitsBas wants money for his songs so there's going to be three versions of the game:
For everybody: completly free, fully functional game BUT less music or NOT AT ALL !
For buyers: full version with all the music
For me and my friends (sorry fellows but thats life :) ): the whole damn game plus more than 100s of original KitzBas melodies, other helping sources ...
KitzBas is not willing any longer to provide his hard-worked music unless he receives money. But the game will be fully operational with all the features and of course open source. Note: If you want to buy music please send email @ : email@example.com
- Version 1.3 has new levels, but you can also build your own !
- KitzBas provided some of its own-original-techno-music !
- If any body is willing to give help or send new images for Pacman/robots, please contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org
PACMAN 2 - pacman with new levels and new graphiX just for you
Gnupyright (G) 1996-2011, AlphaX (R) Team
For license please read "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights" & GPL V2...
Programmed by Mihai Barboi (aka Zdupy), Romania, Eu
Music by Alex Botez (aka KitzBas), Ro, Eu
Bug testers : Aethry (aka Andrei) & Ioana2sagwa (aka Ioana)
Thanks to : OCW.MIT.EDU, ICHB, SC24
Special thanks : Matei Valeanu, Shmen, KitzBas, Acdejay, AlexT, Avatar, MasterAdy, TheBoss, Aris, Marius, Manucu',Burbelica & many more ...
Also many thanks to the FreeBASIC32 compiler/FBEDIT teams and to the rest of FB32 programmers !
Thanks to : nkk_kan[at]yahoo[dot]com for fmod.dll idea ... which i'm using too (I also learned some stuff from Explode sources (how to play samples with FMOD library)
Zdupy : email@example.com (I'll be glad to receive emails !)
Web Page : http://mbarboi.home.ro
FreeBASIC(R) homepage : http://www.freebasic.net
FbEdit(R) - cool editor : has got AUTO-COMPLETE (force autocomplete :CTRL+SPACE), syntax highlighting and all other cool things that makes programmer's life more easy and "productive" (see freebasic's web page for more details)
Gimp(R) : Generally provided with any(most) of the Linux Distribution(s) : cool GPL software for creating images with special effects (simillar to,but yet different from Adobe's PhotoSbop(R))
Game originally wrote by: J. Rowen
PACMAN VER1.1 re-wrote by: O.Arzalier
First to have the idea to remake Pacman during 2000 was Shmen [see: www.shmessenger.org]
Game's engine uses : FMOD.DLL external library -for playing music and potentially for sounds(&stuff).
FMOD Sound and Music System : Copyright (C) 1994-2005, Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd.
cool stuff, algorithms & etc inside this game (everything done by me...):
- Shortest Path Finder
- linear sorting algorightm (radix sort)
- exploring regular directories as ext2 dirs
- original music from KitzBas
- hand optimized : only 2(two) multiplications and only in case of random move (once each time iq-path-length is reached) (don't know about fb's radom algorithm for rnd() ... and about other fb procedures)
- game engine was designed to be power efficient. This game can probably be played on 386-33Mhz machines with 4MB of RAM)
Play the game to win the final prise; see by yourself !
It can be compiled for Win32, Linux and DOS(uses DOS's CWSDPMI)
Compiling PacMan2 :
A) Windows32 (Win9x,WinNT x.x) : get&install FreeBASIC32 compiler for win32
B) Linux : get FreeBasic32 Compiler for Linux (0.20.0,0.21.0,0.21.1)
C) DOS : get FreeBasic32 Compiler for DOS (0.20.0,0.21.0,0.21.1)
RUN : fbc -w 3 -v -arch 686 -t 3000 pacman2.bas pacman2.rc
! ! !
NOTE : you will need an IBM 686/Cyrix MX2/Intel P6,PentiumPro/AMD K6 machine to compile it as it is !
For older machines (586,486,386) enable the following :
TroubleShooting PacMan2 :
Q: My LCD/monitor/video card does not support default resolution/bitsperpixel !
S: 1) Try different resolutions and bpps until you find a corect one !
You can specify this at command line or edit pacman2.ini - config file
E.g.: pacman2 /video_mode 17 /bpp 16
^= starts pacman2 in mode 17(640x400x16bitsperpixel)
pacman2 /video_mode 19 /bpp 32
^= mode 19 : 800x600x32bitsperpixel
pacman2 /video_mode 18 /bpp 8
^= mode 18 : 640x480x8bitsperpixel
2) You can try to run it in window mode -Win32/Linux.
E.g.: pacman2 /no_fullscreen
Q: Pacman2 game's speed is to high/low !
S: 1) In main menu go to : SETUP ; than "Game Speed" ; enter a higher number (in miliseconds)
or enter a smaller number !
2) Inside the game : press [CTRL+S] ; then select "Game Speed" ; adjust sleeping time (miliseconds)
NOTE : sleeping time is the time interval in miliseconds, between two frames, during which the game spleep or better said - gives control to kernel.
Q: I'm running the DOS version of PacMan2 and when I try to adjust the speed
the games goes either to fast or either to slow !
S: Ups ! that's because SLEEP function is not well calibrated in DOS for values between 12ms downto 1ms (this interveal my vary for different PCs)
1) If you have a 686 or better you need to specify this at the command line :
2) use Win32/Linux versions. SLEEP is well calibrated for this platforms.
Known Bug/Unknown problem : under dos if you are using --speedcompromise option
system might reboot (probably because of to much RDTSC repetitive usage ...)
Solution : next (DOS) version will use timer interupts for delays (instead of SLEEP and/or RDTSC)
(any way RDTSC seems the most accurate solution, but I don't know way reading it to many times at once can produce System Reboot ! (???))
To do:-add personalized settings for each level map (like border color and sruff)
-multiple images for map blocks; each image is displayed after a period of time ->slide ->animation
-maybe: smart map entries (like doors that automatically open or which oscillate etc) -> it would become supaplex which is not actually my intent ...
positon = "u" for up ; "d" for down ; "l" for left ; "r" for right
string_enemy_name + position + trim(str(#frame_number_0_to_7))+".bmp"
Details : there are 8 images per one unit position change (as default a "box" has size 16px=> 1x image/2px change)
Pacman Map's Blocks Filename : ThemeMask+sign+str(abs(#id_number))+".bmp"
\ sign="" for positive id number ELSE sign="m" (m from (M)INUS)
ThemeMask = "pacmap_i" for default. it can be specified inside of the map file.
TIP: to change ThemeFilenameMask use Pacman2->Map Editor->key 'F5'
Pacman Data Files For Level : "pacman"+trim(str(#level_number)+".dat"